Friday, April 13, 2012

Tipping at clubs

Coming from the UK it is not considered to be the norm for tipping bartenders at clubs.

My understanding is that in Vegas you should tip the bar staff for every drink you order but what is consider to be a standard tip?

Does everyone tip?

Please advise

Tipping at clubs

I would think $2-3 per drink.

Tipping at clubs

G.

I%26#39;ve been to most of the top clubs in Vegas and if you%26#39;re a dude, YES you have to tip. Atleast $1 for beer and no less than 2 for a mix drink, depends how much mixing is done.

But like everyplace, if your service su*cks, dont tip. Find another bartender in the club that will give you that special service you desire and tip him/her.


NO, you don%26#39;t HAVE to tip!! You never HAVE to tip no matter where you%26#39;re at!! It%26#39;s all up to YOU whether or not you want to tip or not. I usually tip $1 per drink. But just like tipping for everything else, there are people who tip a lot more.


';I%26#39;ve been to most of the top clubs in Vegas and if you%26#39;re a dude, YES you have to tip.';

So if you%26#39;re a girl, you don%26#39;t have to tip???? Well, I guess if you%26#39;re a hot looking girl, you probably won%26#39;t be buying your own drinks anyway!

But I agree with Umaga. You NEVER have to tip. It%26#39;s all optional and it%26#39;s up to you.


After viewing some heated threads on the NYC forum I%26#39;ve come away a little bit frightened over the tipping situation!The general feeling is 20% is the norm in restaurants and $1 per drink in a bar. Is 20% really the US standard on tipping?


Benjii, tipping is a real hot potato topic certain to cause heated debate on this forum. In restaurants, tipping a minimum of 15% is the norm, perhaps 20% or even slightly more if the service is exceptional. Restaurant staff earn minimum wage and they rely on the tips. Here%26#39;s a link with some guidelines (but remember that%26#39;s just what they are - people have vastly differing interpretations of these).

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g191-s606/United-Stat…

One of the main things to remember about traveling is to always respect the customs of the place you%26#39;re visiting. A lot of overseas visitors aren%26#39;t aware of the tipping culture in the US and can cause offense as a result. Do a little research and you%26#39;ll be fine. For what it%26#39;s worth, the first time I went to Japan I didn%26#39;t do this, attempted to tip somebody and insulted them greatly...... :-)


Thanks Blagger,

I dare not ask a question on the NYC forum in case someone jumps down my throat and not looking to start a heated debate (this forum is far more friendly!) I think I’ll start at 15% and work up from there. As I understand waiting staff fall into a separate category which is below the minimum wage and the taxman takes his cut assuming the individual makes a certain amount on tips? So if they don’t get the tips which the IRS expects them to achieve then they are getting taxed on something they haven’t even earned! Totally agree that you should research the country you are travelling to make yourself familiar with the local customs. When you say about in Japan they get offended if you offer a tip I’ve found it’s the same in some Arabic countries then not in others. I also read the thread on the shake down that many of the LV clubs are being accused off-that was just insane!


In Vegas I generally tip at least $2/ drink maybe more if it%26#39;s a stiff pour or I%26#39;m getting rapid service. If i order shots or any drinks involving several liquors I%26#39;ll usually tip more for the addl time needed to make the drink. But since I am a bartender, I%26#39;m prone to possibly tippin more than the general public.


In general, tip $2-3 dollars on a round of 2 drinks, a little more if they are complicated drinks, a little less if it%26#39;s 2 beers. The larger the order, the larger the tip.

You never HAVE to tip, but if you ever want to be waited on a second time, it%26#39;s a good idea. :-)


I stil want to know if it%26#39;s true that girls don%26#39;t have to tip!! What if you%26#39;re not a hot looking girl????

  • fake nails from breaking
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment