Friday, April 13, 2012

MGM Now or Wait

Going to Vegas over Memorial Day weekend for three nights. Want to stay in a 4 or 5 star hotel with a nice pool. Been checking rates daily and smartervegas.com. Today, I can get MGM for a nonrefundable average rate of $203/night. I have stayed at MGM before and liked it. Would you book it now or wait for more specials to come out? I would love to stay at Venetian but I am not sure any great specials will come out for Memorial Day weekend for Venetian or anywhere else.



MGM Now or Wait


Non-refundable rates are guaranteed to give you a big headache! I%26#39;m not a huge fan but in your case it doesn%26#39;t look like a bad deal at all.





As it%26#39;s Memorial Day weekend you%26#39;re looking at, if you%26#39;re reasonably happy with that rate then I%26#39;d be tempted to go ahead and book it. I%26#39;d then forget about anything to do with hotel rates or deals for your trip as you can end up torturing yourself by keeping on checking for that better deal you may just have found had you waited..... :-)



MGM Now or Wait


It is unlikely that the prices for a Holiday weekend are going to fall. I would book now, in order to assure you get a decent rate at the hotel you want.




DON%26#39;T WAIT! I was stalking the rates for MGM for my upcoming trip and after weeks of staring I decided to finally go and book it that night...wouldn%26#39;t you know the exact day I decide to book it the hotel doesn%26#39;t have anymore rooms. UGH! I was beyond disappointed but I settled on another hotel and ended up saving money (even though I had my heart set on MGM) On the same token I keep checking the rates to see teh changes and all have gone up quite a bit even over the last week and a half. Good luck!




Have you considered a hotel/air package? Sometimes that can be your best bet on weekends when the hotel discount offers by themselves aren%26#39;t so great. You might save enough on airfare to make up for a higher hotel rate.




Nice thought but the air/hotel packages were more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment