Friday, April 13, 2012

Which Restaurant - Please help

We dont like Fine Dining, we dont like very fancy food....but we will be in Vegas for my husband birthday and I need to do something special for him for dinner. He likes good food, but not when its fancy that you hardly get anything on your plate except for decoration. Yes, I can take him to a steakhouse....but we regularly go out to steakhouses in our town. The food and portions must be good. The restaurant must have a relaxed admosphere...a great ambiance so that we can have fun as we are going with some friends. I have booked Olives, Eifel Tower Restaurant,Voodoo, Mon Ami Gabi and Alize...but its driving me totally nuts because I just cant decide. Please Help!



Which Restaurant - Please help


Im confused........... you have already Booked them all?? How many are you planning on going to?? Considering Relaxed Atmosphere, you will be most happy at Olives, Mon Ami Gabi, and Voodoo. Eiffel and Alize are lovely, but I wouldnt say relaxed. YOu have made some great choices though. All of those restaurants are very good.



Which Restaurant - Please help


Of your list I%26#39;d say Olives best fits what you are looking for.....and it%26#39;s a really restaurant with an awesome view.




I meant a really good restaurant...ooopps




Mon Ami Gabi is by FAR our preferred choice. Our criteria for a good meal is pretty much the same as yours ... and hate it when we feel we didn%26#39;t get good value for our money. Loved MAG ... get a table on the patio overlooking the Belagio fountains and do some serious people watching while having a reasonably priced very good meal (loved the skate). And when ordering wine, don%26#39;t use the wine menu the waiter will hand you, ask for their (separate) %26#39;by glass%26#39; menu - they have their cheaper (still good wine!) bottles of wine on there. ENJOY!!




Thanks for your help. Yes, I have made reservations at all of them....will cancel as soon as I have decided which one it will be. We just want to have a fun evening...but also an evening that we will remember.




How do the price compare at Voodoo, Olives an Mon Ami Gabi? Are they similar?




My hubby%26#39;s exact words to me before our last trip were ';I don%26#39;t want to eat at any foodie or foo-foo places';. As you can tell, he%26#39;s a casual, laid-back to the extreme, jeans kind of guy.



He LOVED Mon Ami Gabi (we%26#39;ve sat inside %26amp; out)%26amp; now considers it a must do! He had steak and the ';frites'; (I think that%26#39;s what they call them), but he fell in love with the place because the steak was large enough that even he (at 6%26#39;3';) was full, and the ';frites'; are just french fries with a fancy name.



He also really enjoyed Voodoo Lounge %26amp; hanging out on the patio, but wasn%26#39;t interested in the restaurant there. We looked at all the other places you mentioned %26amp; he wasn%26#39;t into any of them!



People have said Olives is casual but it was still too stuffy for his taste.



I hope this helps=)




Is Mon Ami Gabi a nice place to have a special birthday supper or is it more a place for lunch? Looking at their website it looks more like a lunch time scene??





How do Olives, MAG and Voodoo compare price wise?





Thanks :~)




My two cents...two years ago we went to BOA at the Caesar Form Shops, at it was magnificent. Portions good, prices a little steep, but actually not that bad compared to other places in Vegas. I%26#39;m not sure if it has changed since May 2006, but I would HIGHLY recommend it!





Have a great trip!!




Mon Ami Gabi is where he will feel the most comfortable in my opinion. Have a great Birthday celebration.


  • treat acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment