Friday, March 30, 2012

car rentals at the airport?

Hi everyone. I know there are plenty of `experienced` Vegas travellers here so I am sure there will be answers in no time!





Simple question really...are there any car rentals in the airport or do you have to take a shuttle to them all? If so is the shuttle a few minutes or more like 15?



car rentals at the airport?


There are no rental companies actually at the airport. They%26#39;re all at the rental center. The shuttles are every few minutes and it takes 5-10 minutes once you%26#39;re on board.





http://www.mccarran.com/03_carrentals.asp



car rentals at the airport?


Getting to and from the rental center is a real mess during busy times. We had a bad experience where the system was overwhelmed with too many people and not enough buses.





There is nothing like a slap in the face flying 5 1/2 hours on then standing in line for 15 minutes to catch the bus to the rental center!!





Next time, I catch a cab to the hotel and pick up my rental car at the hotel the next morning. Many hotels have rental companies on premises.




Another question about the shuttle service to the car rentals: Would it be possible for just 2 people from my group to take the shuttle, pick up the van, then go back %26amp; pick up the others?? The only reason I%26#39;m asking is because my mom is in a wheelchair %26amp; if we could avoid the need to get her on %26amp; off the shuttle, it would be a big help!




No problem sending one guy out to get the rental, who then drives back and picks folks up.




Thanks Zeke. I wasn%26#39;t sure how the airport was situated %26amp; if that was a feasible idea, but it sounds like it can be done.




aloha4now...I%26#39;ve used the shuttle a few times in the past few months. I%26#39;ve arrived on Saturday mornings, Friday night, and during the week. I think they got most of the kinks worked out now...they had 2-3 busses waiting each time I was there, and we were loaded and to the rental center within about 10 minutes.





To catch the busses...when you are at the baggage claim follow the signs outside to the ';Shuttle'; area and you will cross over 1-2 islands. You%26#39;ll see big busses with ';Rental Car Center'; on them. You can%26#39;t miss it!




dopey1200 - make sure you know where the person driving the rental car will pick you - it can get confusing. Passenger Pick-up is on level 1 of the parking garage.




Thanks Traveler, I%26#39;m sure we%26#39;ll get lost in the airport many times. It wouldn%26#39;t be a family vacation without getting lost!! I can picture it now, I%26#39;ll be driving past the rest of my family numerous times without seeing them while they%26#39;re standing at the curb waving their arms at me!




The rental car shuttles are, of course, handicapped accessible.





If there%26#39;s any sort of a line waiting for the shuttles, you%26#39;d actually save time by allowing your mom to ride the shuttle, as there%26#39;s a separate wheelchair stop for the shuttles, which would allow you to bypass waiting in any line.





So then you%26#39;d avoid any confusion on the part of the driver returning to the McCarran passenger pick-up.





Just a suggestion.




You guys are awesome! The tips just keep getting better %26amp; better!! Thanks Nevada

No comments:

Post a Comment