Friday, March 30, 2012

Do you second guess your resort choice?

We are all booked @ The Palazzo with that great 179.00 rate, but I gotta say I keep looking. I am driving DH crazy with my ';Should we switch'; questions. AM I alone with my obsession?



Do you second guess your resort choice?


nope! I%26#39;m with you too ~ I originally booked ballys now booked PH but am keeping my eye on caesars too ~ everyday I have to check airline website, fatwallet, travelzoo,smartervegas and various hotel websites!





My Husband thinks i%26#39;ve lost the plot!! could save him money in the long run though :)



Do you second guess your resort choice?


no your not Moms.I must have changed my hotels and the number of days in each at least a half a dozen times in the last two months!My wife refuses point blank to discuss it anymore so im set with what ive got and have stopped chasing the offers and promos now. Im going cold turkey though!Oh yeah,ive opted for the Palazzo at the $179 wkend rate as well-too good to turn down.




So not alone. First (3 mos ago for April) I booked Mandalay Bay...then decided to book 2 shows(o and Mamma Mia) so opted for lower priced Luxor....then after many bad reviews and after finding a great rate just booked Caesars for $110 a night. Older room but best location on the strip. The secret to people like us is to always book with a refundable deposit. I tend to like to get the very best deal possible..sounds like you do too. Good luck!




I never did in the past, but I have switched and considered switching again for this trip. I think part of the problem is I%26#39;ve spent more time reading this board this time around!




One look at my credit card statement would make anyone think I was nuts. I made and cancelled a total of 18 reservations for my last trip- many were for price changes (had 4 different reservations at my final choice because the price kept dropping) but many others were because I changed my mind about where to stay..first the Signature, the MB, then Bellagio, the Venetian, then Palms +Mandalay Bay, then a suite at Mandalay Bay....finally settling on Caesars.....you are not alone and if you have kept that one reservation then you are doing better than I ever do....




My trip in Jan. First booked Luxor pyramid spa suite. After a few days, canceled the pyramid spa suite for a Players Deluxe Room. A few days later recieved a great promotion from TI so canceled the Luxor reservation and booked a room at TI. After a few days of research, saw I could get a suite at the Mirage for a few $$$ more so cancelled the room at TI. I then learned how to view offers online from Harrahs and saw that my wife had 70 current offers. Cancelled my reservation at Mirage and booked a free king suite at IP. Started reading all the horrible reviews of the IP and decided on a free deluxe room at Paris. Stuck with the Paris reservation, had a great time/stay, and will probably stick with the Paris as long as the room is free for some or all of the nights.





So no, I don%26#39;t think you%26#39;re alone with your obsession. To me, finding a better deal is PART of what Vegas is all about. I get countless hours of entertainment planning our trips to Vegas. I can%26#39;t say that about any other vacation destination.




Nope - you aren;t alone! I first booked LVHilton, then Luxor, then MGM, now we are at Mirage but watching the rates for Belagio and Palazzo! :-) Did the same thing the last time we went too. Its great to have a budget, and even greater when you can keep upgrading within that budget!




I don%26#39;t second guess my hotel choices as much as I do my restaurant choices.





We usually decide to go when we find a ';deal';, not the other way around, so I%26#39;ve usually got a compelling reason to stay where I%26#39;m staying. This time the $179 rate at Palazzo. Last time we had the $69 deal at MGM.





But I change lots of restaurant reservations on every trip (and ALWAYS call to cancel).




I make good solid choices when I make my initial rez in case I don%26#39;t get better options, and then I watch our email, special rates that are mailed to us, FatWallet, and the posts here on TA to see if something better comes along. I have been known to make changes up to one week prior to our trips, BUT (and a huge word of caution here)I make sure I cancel ASAP and ask for a cancellation number or log the date, time, and employee name of the person that canceled the rez!!! I sure would hate having to pay for a room I didn%26#39;t use, because I forgot to cancel.




I see I am not alone. We are all NUTS. Seems our spouses just don%26#39;t get it. LOL. I am quite happy with my choice and price but I can%26#39;t seem to stop. I have gone from THeHotel to Wynn to Bellagio to The Palazzo and back so many times I lost count. I am certain I am keeping this reservation at the Palazzo since I just checked out dates and the rates went up a total of 630.00! Makes me feel like I got a better bargain.!

No comments:

Post a Comment