Friday, March 30, 2012

Harrah's Total Rewards booking questions

I need to go to Vegas for a tradeshow in June. I originally called and using my card was given a rate of $55 / night for the Flamingo. I did not book the room as I was still not sure where I was going to stay. I mentioned to a friend of mine (Platinum Total Rewards member) that I was going on business for 3 days. He said that he would like to join me. He gave me his total rewards number and told me to give it to them when I booked the room. I booked our room at the Flamingo online and using both of our card numbers was given a comped room for the three nights. My friend has now changed his mind and is not able to come. Am I still able to use this reservation? The room is in my name but also has his number listed as a companion....will they check to see if he is with me? If I am able to get the room will it adversly affect his rating if he has no play that weekend? My friend doesn%26#39;t really care....he told me just keep the reservation and try to check in. Does any one have any guesses?



Harrah's Total Rewards booking questions


I would say that it wouldn%26#39;t matter because the room is in your name. When you check in they don%26#39;t ask for your players card. When they ask who else is in the room just give them your friends name. They don%26#39;t have to be there to check in with you. As far as his rating goes it won%26#39;t affect him but take his card with you and stick it in a machine and play $20 just to keep it up to date.



Harrah's Total Rewards booking questions


I disagree with the last response - they are going to want to see at least his card. By booking with his card you are saying he is there, and yes even if you got away with him not there, his rating could be affected for little play during a comped 3 night stay. You need to call and rebook without his #. Otherwise you will be in for a surpirse when you get there and they either want to see him or the card.




That is an interesting question. Since his name and TR Number is on the reservation, they may ask for IDs for both names. I don%26#39;t know this to be a fact, but I would feel uneasy checking in. You will probably be okay, but I believe I would not chance it myself.



Suppose, for example, I were a gold card member and I booked a reservation in my name and used a platinum card member%26#39;s number as my companion and got a really good rate as you did, and showed up without them with me. It would be the same scenario. So, I%26#39;m not sure what to say about this.



Good question.




It is find to do that. My dad use mine as a companion # %26amp; I didn%26#39;t go %26amp; nothing happen. The reservation was in his name %26amp; they just wanted his ID %26amp; nothing to do with me. He did take my card %26amp; played some on it like $50.00 that%26#39;s all %26amp; not once was he asked about me.




In all of the years I have been going to Harrah%26#39;s they have never asked to see the other people I am checking in, just names.




I have also never been asked if the other person was actually there. I would however take his card and play something on it.




I would not risk it. The fine print says that they will ask for both IDs.





I went with a friend last year who was getting there before me (I was getting in at like 11pm). They let her check in (room was in her name) but said that they would charge her the current rate of the room if I didn%26#39;t come and show my TR card by midnight.




If the higher tier player is the one getting the comps they need to be there to check in. I have checked in with a buddy listed and they asked where he was but said it was okay because I was diamond and they really did not need his number. Everyone would do this if it was possible and just use some else鈥檚 number as their companion. Good luck




When I was looking for a room I found this site which may be the one you booked online, not sure, but I had a TR card from here in Indiana so typed in my info and got all my night comp%26#39;d but 1, staying6 nights...and my account said 0 rewards, so still not sure why I got them comp%26#39;d but worked,lol...





Here is the site , hope it works for ya:





https:/鈥vailabilityCalendar.do




My husband is a Diamond member, and when we check in, they do ask to see his card and ID, I believe, too. They check it each time you go into the Diamond Lounge, too. One time I tried to check out, and they said I couldn%26#39;t because the card is in his name. Just FYI. Hope this info helps.


  • oily skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment