Friday, March 30, 2012

Come on, SW! Getting antsy...

It seems like Southwest%26#39;s sale for flights through June 25 has been going on for months (maybe it%26#39;s just me, but I know it%26#39;s been several weeks). For those of you familiar with that airline, any thoughts on when they might have a sale on flights after that?



Come on, SW! Getting antsy...


Sister ';C';...not until they fix all the cracks! =)



%26lt;feel free to smack me%26gt;



Come on, SW! Getting antsy...


No, I won%26#39;t smack you. But I DID roll my eyes....





:-)




Cracks were found on only 4 planes out of the 46 they grounded, and those 46 were out of over 500 they operate. Necessary repairs were completed by last weekend. I would imagine that the vast, vast majority of the flying public will have totally forgotten this (if they ever even heard about it) in a month or so. I told people to buy their stock last week as I am confident they will rebound. Maybe they didn%26#39;t put anything else on sale until they figured out how much of a problem they really had. Turns out it was minor, and now they can get on with things. They may also be waiting to see what the majors are going to do this summer. I predict a really bad summer for finding low airfares due to the soaring fuel prices.



Sorry if I%26#39;m a bit OT for Vegas.




Watching the news last night, I believe they mentioned Continental (may have been NWA) was joining UA and USAir with a $50 r/t fuel surcharge from IND. I see the other airlines doing the same with crude oil prices hitting all time highs.




I have been looking for deals at SW too. I purchased my ticket, but was hoping for a ding so I can trade for a cheaper flight.





The price has double from last year.





I don%26#39;t think, at least from my location that the prices are going to drop. Fuel has gone up so high.




The current sale will end (I believe) on March 20, so probably soon after that. I%26#39;m waiting for July!




Thanks for pointing that out, juwel. I%26#39;m waiting on July, too. Well actually, June 29 and the first week of July. I was so irritated when it cut off at the 25th.




So $849 for two RT is as low as you think it will get?




People MAY forget the scam they pulled on the American public by paying off officals and putting the public at risk, but true flyers never deal with this company based on their scam practices of buping people who buy the cheaper tickets.





Can you say oversold???





OK, buy the highest priced ticket and you get a CHANCE at a seat. Buy a cheaper ticket and you MAY get on a flight.





Somewhere Herb is sitting counting his money with the Countrywide CEO.

No comments:

Post a Comment