Friday, March 30, 2012

Trip Report 3/12-3/16

Just got back from LV from a convention and since I always glean great information from this site I thought I would try to give a little back.





Since it was a convention we were busy most of the time and rented a car so we did not have to eat on strip which is more costly. Our accommodations were at Bellagio Hotel.





Went to Rosemary%26#39;s for lunch one day for the prix fixe and it was wonderful. I had the BBQ shrimp and blue cheese coleslaw and DH had the potato/onion soup, both of which were wonderful. I had the filet kabobs and DH had the salmon which were both very good. Dessert was coconut bread pudding and the special dessert of the day which was coconut cream pie with mango sauce and all I can say is yummo!





We used to live in CA so a trip to In N Out Burger was in order and the day we went there was a line out the door - good, as usual.





Our hosted dinner was at Olives in the Bellagio and the food was very, very good. I had the Mahi Mahi fish special of the evening and DH had the steak and both were excellent. Had tuna tartar appetizer and salad for starters, both good and assortment of flatbreads which were the best I have ever had, they disappeared off the table by the group in a big hurry. It was a birthday for one of our employees so a cake was ordered, white with raspeberry sauce and it was beautiful to look at and very good as well. Since this restaurant overlooks the fountains it was really lovely. Went to Fontana Bar after dinner for drinks and dancing to Dianne Diaz, had a nice time.





Other meals were a quick bite at Bellagio Cafe, typical coffee shop meal with inflated prices.





My favorite place in the Bellagio is the Cafe Gelato which, I have to admit, I went to three different evenings for my fix. It is really, really good but pricey.





I was disappointed that the Desert Passage Shops are now Miracle Mile at PH and now it has no charm IMHO.





Visited most of the newer places, Wynn, Palazzo, etc., nice hotel but all we did was wander in and out.





I do not gamble much so no report on that end.





Hope this report is helpful to some of you. This is my first trip report post.



Trip Report 3/12-3/16


ipasta- what a great trip report. Wow, nice hosted meal at Olives. Sounds like a good time.





Glad you went to Rosemary%26#39;s. Love that place, best deal in town. Can%26#39;t wait to try in - n - Out. Never have done that yet.







You didn%26#39;t say much about your room at the Bellagio. Did you like it?





Glad you had a good trip, even if it was mostly business. Thanks for sharing.



Trip Report 3/12-3/16


I%26#39;m jealous that your convention was at Bellagio! Ours is at Flamingo in November, where it always is, and won%26#39;t be nearly as fun as yours! Nice report, thank you!




jpasta - Only one quibble - I don%26#39;t know too many ';coffee shops'; that serve a perfectly prepared Chilean sea bass. Sometimes it%26#39;s all about what you order. Also, the chef at Cafe Bellagio is an ex-con so don%26#39;t let him hear you or he%26#39;ll kick your butt :)





Thanks for the TR.




Great trip report! Sounds like you got good food and a lot of sight seeing out of your convention.




Thanks for sharing your TR. I have been to Vegas many times and have never been to Rosemary%26#39;s. I%26#39;ve never heard a bad thing about it. Someday I%26#39;ll make it there.




Good TR glad you had fun.


  • oily skin
  • 1 comment:

    1. 3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

      The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

      These 3 researches from large medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

      ReplyDelete