Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Adult only pools

Am staying at the Flamingo early May and was wondering if it is worth the $ for the adult only pool. I really don%26#39;t care about the ';boobs'; I just want a nice quiet area to relax and get rid of my hangover.



I read about drink service being better too, are they free? Also, anyone know how much cabanas are?





Thanks





J



Adult only pools


bump



Adult only pools


Is this subject taboo ?




The drinks are definitely not free. I have not been to the Flamingo GO pool, but would like if someone could describe it (prices, atmosphere, people, etc.).




Yeah, Right, Tell us another joke




There have been several trip reports on this subject. If memory serves me right, one person loved it and one (quite young) was complaining about older women there. LMAO





To me it would be quite worth the extra money to be away from kids. But I can%26#39;t help you anymore than that.




We went to the adults only pool last Sept. It was $10 for men and free for women. Drinks were not free but I don%26#39;t remember them being outrageously priced either. I do remember drink service being a little slow. Can%26#39;t tell you about the cabana, didn%26#39;t get one.



As for atmosphere, it was just like any other pool area but a little quieter. Clean pool, lots of loungers and lots of men! For the record I really can%26#39;t remember how many ';boobs'; were hanging out....my husband might!




thanks



essentially I want a quiet clean place to wait through a morning hangover. If 10 bux gets me peace and quiet then that is good.




Anybody else not get the kid thing? I%26#39;ve been to vegas 3 times in the past 6 years. My second time going I was with a bunch of friends- we were all 22, it was a college graduation trip of sorts.





It was about 12am...we were all walking down the strip with alcoholic drinks- had been drinking for maybe 1-2 hours- feeling good :)





As per usual when people drink, your trap opens up a bit. I think I may have said something like ';this is f*cking awesome!';....





Some PARENT walking the strip with her little ones at midnight gave me this big glare! UMMM???? I realize swearing isn%26#39;t an acceptable means of behavior but it%26#39;s VEGAS at MIDNIGHT on a Friday!





IMO- SHE is the one that should be getting the glare- dragging her 5yo kids out in vegas no less.





We went to MGM one time, wanted a day by the pool. WHAT a BAD idea that was! The HOT TUBS were FILLED with 3 and 4 yo%26#39;s that felt the need to splash what few adults could fit in! The parents thought it was ';cute';...for that reason, we are now looking at the Signature for this trip. We figure that the little tykes are less likely to be hanging at the subdude pool at the Signature.




The pool at Mandalay Bay had a more laid back atmosphere, not like a college spring break, Rehab style thing. A bucket of 6 beers was $40 or so.




asmit4, I agree with you that it is the parent%26#39;s fault for having their kid out that late. I remember seeing kids being pushed in strollers at 2 AM, crying their eyes out, and thinking that it was the parents fault for not having the kid in bed.







Anyway, you may look into the new pool MGM is opening this spring that will be adults only. I haven%26#39;t seen if it will be European or not.





We are thinking about staying at the Palms in July. What is the pool like there?


  • origins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment