Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Just booked trip-Now have a stupid question...

I just booked our first trip to Vegas! Now I have a stupid question to ask. It%26#39;s been a while since we%26#39;ve traveled anywhere by plane...do they send us tickets by mail or is sheet with the confirmation number I printed off our ticket? I couldn%26#39;t find anywhere on the site that let me know...I booked it at Vegas.com. If anyone could let me know it would be appreciated!





Just booked trip-Now have a stupid question...


The sheet with your confirmation # should be your ticket. Airlines actually charge extra for paper tickets these days.At least the ones that I use do. I do not know about Vegas.com, but when I book direct thru the airline, the paper with conf.# is the ticket.



Just booked trip-Now have a stupid question...


If you have a confirmation number for a particular airline, go to their site and plug it in - I just booked tickets for my daughter and myself with capital one and they said we couldn%26#39;t get seats. Since it was Alaksa Airlines, once I had the confirmation code I went to their site and picked the sites. Just check it out that whay.....then you can get what you want and be sure you are confirmed..not to say you won%26#39;t have to confirm right before depature.




It is absolutely critical to obtain your airline confirmation code/number - usually a string of six alpha/numeric characters. Especially if you%26#39;ve booked via a third party.





You%26#39;ll want to make sure the airline (and you can usually check this on their website - if not, pick up the phone and call) has your reservation and that it%26#39;s correct - names, dates, times, etc., and that it%26#39;s properly confirmed, if necessary. And, pick seats as soon as possible. It%26#39;s also a good idea to check your reservation now and again, and definitely a few days/the day before leaving home, to verify flight numbers and times. Often there are schedule changes, and a third party may not notify you, or even the airline if you%26#39;re not signed up with them for e-mail, etc., alerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment