Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Short Trip Report

Our first time in Vegas and I would say the experience has been OK not great but OK. If you are coming for a ';cheap'; vacation I would say it is not worth it. If you%26#39;re willing to spend the money on good food, great shows and expensive drinks it can be wonderful. We stayed at the Paris Hotel. We were on the 5th floor overlooking the Pool. Nice view but room felt worn. I think upper levels may be more updated. Pool area was very nice. Lobby was nice enough but Venetian, Bellagio and several others seemed brighter and nicer. Room service (soup %26amp; salad)was very good. Be sure and try the Crepes in the Restaurant on the Main Floor they are some of the best I have ever had. Location of the hotel was also very nice - right across from the Bellagio fountains and in the middle of the Strip.



Saw the Anthony Cools show - it is what it says -RAW - but funny.





We also went to Blue Man Group at the Venetion - many in the crowd seemed to enjoy it but not for us. It was I%26#39;m not even sure how to describe it kind of offbeat humor and new wave techno music I don%26#39;t know - read the reviews before you go. Bette Midler on the otherhand was great for us she was worth every cent!!





We ate at Delmonico Steakhouse at the Venetian - my husband had the porterhouse and I had the sturgeon. The restaurant had been suggested to us by friends. We appreciate good food but for $160.00 this was not worth it. The service was also very poor for this type of establishment. Disappointing for fine dining.





Ironically, the next night we ended up at a casual place called Maquarittaville. The drinks were very good (try the pink cadillac), the nachos were delicious, my husband had the cuban sanwich and I the steak salad both were good. The staff provided some of the best service ever!!This place far exceeded our expectations.





Try the Duece bus it is a great way to get around.



Short Trip Report


Thanks for the review. Did you book a luxury room or a premier room? We%26#39;ve booked a premier room but won%26#39;t get in until about midnight and want a more updated room on a higher floor. What time did you check in?



Short Trip Report


Vegas has everything from really low end to really high end - hotels, restaurants, bars - you name it. The trick is matching up what you like (or want to try) with the right place. Sounds like you were just given some bad advice - not bad, just the people who told you where to go didn%26#39;t share your likes and dislikes. Next time you%26#39;ll know exactly what YOU want to do.




We did not upgrade our room so I do think that could make a difference. At the time it was additional $78/night and we didn%26#39;t think it would be worth it. I would call them in advance and specifically request a higher floor.





Also last night we ate in the Italian restaurant in the hotel. It was very good. Good food and atmosphere. Also for got to mention there is a really fun piano bar between the Paris and Bally%26#39;s when you walk inside past the business center. Be sure to check it out.





Sorry I did not mean to imply this was not a good experience overall we had a great time just a couple of bumps. live and learn!!




Thanks for the TR, great information regarding Paris. Hope you give Vegas another shot, the first time I enjoyed it alot my Wife not so much, but after the 2nd trip she is addicted. Going for our 5th trip in 2 years in May.





Cheers,




Many people come back from their first trip feeling the way you do. I have the feeling you still may want to go back, taking what you have learned to do and not to do. I do not like fancy, expensive restarurants so know not to do that. I do love Rosemarys, best food, not expensive. I also love Mon Ami Gabi and Margaritaville. I now know about the Palm business lunch, so hope to try that.





Sorry you didn%26#39;t like Blue Man Group, I saw it here and loved it. I also think finding discount tickets to shows before you go always helps, because if you don%26#39;t enjoy it, at least you didn%26#39;t pay full price.





That%26#39;s why this forum can be so useful before your first trip, so many different opinions, then figuring out which advice suits you and what doesn%26#39;t.





Glad you got good use of the Deuce bus. Saved you some sore feet. It sounds like you did have some good times, just wishing you would%26#39;ve done a few things different.





Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us.





When is your next trip to Vegas??!!




Thank you for your trip report.



I share your opinion of BMG. I did not care for it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment