Saturday, April 21, 2012

Grand Canyon-bus or fly? HELP!

I%26#39;ve figured out its best to visit South rim. We%26#39;ll have body clocks out of sinc, so don%26#39;t want to drive ourselves.



Hubby had wanted to do a helicopter trip, but is this the best way to see it really? They seem so short.



I%26#39;ve found a bus trip that includes sunset(which I%26#39;d love) via Grand-Adventures.com, that seems to have good reviews on here.....



So, whats best way to see Grand Canyon. Whos good/bad?



Hope someone can help - we really want it to be special.



Ta



Grand Canyon-bus or fly? HELP!


We did the fly in, bus tour with Papilon. We were picked up at our hotel, flew in small plane, took a short bus ride, had a meal and then walked around different spots of the Grand Canyon. We really liked it alot, and are thinking of doing it again this visit with our daughter if we have the time.



Grand Canyon-bus or fly? HELP!


Sorry, left out an l. It%26#39;s Papillon.




So how long did you get at Canyon? Did you get to see sunset?



Bus tour is 4 hours in Canyon, walking tour %26amp; there for sunset - which appeals.




We took the early morning time slot, so did not see the sunset. I believe we were given different time choices. Did you do a search on this forum for peoples reviews of the different tours taken? (Upper left hand side, just in case you didn%26#39;t know)




Hi Shellbell,





I researching at moment for GC tour. I thought I was quite decided on a helicopter trip with lunch included and then flight over strip on way back. However Grand Adventures.com does look pretty good too and definately appeals to us for the walking. I too read reviews and they seem really good, also price is rather appealing.





I been searching around for helicopter trips to compare with and make final choice and one company I thought looked good was Maverick. They have a range of tours and most are away for about four hours.





Guess you like me and just have to decide which one appeals the most.





When are you going?




We%26#39;re there in July. Everyone says you should stay %26amp; see the sunset, so the GC tour appeals on that level %26amp; because its small %26amp; intimate.



I%26#39;ll take a look at other one you%26#39;re looking at %26amp; let you know, which way we swing!




I emailed them because this tour seemed very nice. Iwant to surprise my husband. We are going to be in las vegas July 7-12. I thought the sunset tour would be amazing and inquired about the cd they provide but they said as of now it is suspended. I really wanted that cd of the trip, but I may still book the tour. I am hoping they will again offer the cd of the trip. I tried emailing them back but now answer yet.




Many people choose to see the Canyon by helicopter/plane trips. They are expensive, but they do save time over driving. However, keep in mind you really get only a glimpse of the Canyon. Specifically inquire how much time you have at the Canyon, with some tours it is as little as a half hour. I am a firm believer if you want to do it justice, rent a car and make it an overnight trip. It takes time to begin to absorb its vastness and beauty. Seeing it from different perspective throughout the day helps one to appreciate its splendor. It is one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth and some choose to spend only an hour there. In my mind, not a good investment of time or money.




Hi Shellbell,





Just had a look at Maverick tours again and they do a sunset tour...it does look great and as I said the reviews are good but big difference in price!!!!





It is working out about $560 pp, we quite prepared to pay this money as it is our wedding also and we happy to splurge but we both love hill walking so the walking tour would be amazing in a different way.





It%26#39;s going to come down to how much do we want to see it from the air versus the foot!!





Let me know what you decide




Michaelonli,





We not wanting to drive but we quite prepared to travel by bus..the tour we found has a maximum of ten peole on it and you get about four hours in canyon on a walking tour..leave canyon later in the evening.





what you think about this over helicopter?

No comments:

Post a Comment