Thursday, April 19, 2012

40th in Vegas, recommendations please

Hi there people, hope you%26#39;re all doing fine and dandy. My partner is going to be in Vegas working up until the day before her 40th birthday, so has extended her trip and bought me a flight so I%26#39;ll be there with her. I%26#39;d like to do something for her that will blow her mind and give me tons of kudos for doing so, so what would you recommend? Many thanks in advance.

40th in Vegas, recommendations please

Hugo%26#39;s Cellar at the 4 Queens.

They start off with a long stem rose for the ladies

Tell them it is her birthday. We told them it was our anniversary and we got a free desert. Table side salad just a peek at old vegas.

40th in Vegas, recommendations please

Are you thinking of dinner, a show, something else altogether or a combination of two or more of these?

Where are you staying and roughly what sort of budget do you have in mind for the entire evening?


If you want to WOW her by taking her to a super restaurant:

Alize%26#39;s (Palms)- great food with a view:

http://andrelv.com/alize/

The most romantic restaurant around- excellent food, service and ambience (no view)-Andre%26#39;s downtown. It doesn%26#39;t get much better than this!

http://andrelv.com/original/

These two restaurants are so much better than many of the other ';fine dining'; restaurants in Vegas. The food is much much better than the food at the Top of the World and the Eiffel Tower (where you have fantastic views but the food isn%26#39;t nearly as good).


WoW, that was quick. Dinner and a show would be cool but looking on the net we both decided that shows aren%26#39;t the cheapest way of spending an hour or so. She does like the idea of cirques%26#39; more adult themed show, though, burlesque seems to bring something out in her. Thanks for the hints on the restaurants, we both love good food so will definately do one of the above. How about day time las vegas, her birthday is on a saturday and we%26#39;d like to spend the day doing something fun.


I spent my 40th birthday in Vegas last November and started off with coffee and champagne from room service followed by champagne brunch at the Wynn (although my birthday was on Sunday and I think they only do the brunch on Sundays). Later we strolled to the Stratosphere and went to the top of the tower and watched the sun set and the lights come on over Vegas. We had a souvenir photograph taken there to remember the day by. In the evening we went to Margaritaville for cocktails then to the Victorian Room at Bills for the cheapest dinner of the holiday!

The best part was that nothing was planned and each bit of the day just happened. I woke up on the day with no idea of what I wanted to do. That way there was no room for disappointments if everything didn%26#39;t pan out just as I imagined it.


thanks Karen, thats the kind of day that sounds good to me. WOuld anybody recommend a rodeo for a b%26#39;day surprise?


Only if she%26#39;s into the rodeo.

How about starting her day off with a spa treatment?

A nice room service breakfast, delivered with a envelope (spa appointment enclosed)...

I just remember for my birthday (in Vegas) my husband kept saying ';this day is all about you'; everytime I would say ';what would you like to do'; or ';would you like to do this or that...';

I also had flowers in my room (nice touch)


I get where your coming from with the rodeo idea, since it would be unique for someone from the UK. You know your partner better than us as to whether or not it would be appreciated.

I did see a polo match while in UK, which I had never seen, but if my DH would have told me that was my BDay gift I would not have been to impressed.

If the rodeo interests you, go, but don%26#39;t make it the BDay gift in my opinion.


Thanks Sage, I guess the rodeo would probably be best suited to the day after.

I%26#39;ve just done a search and have found tons of 40th b%26#39;day threads, so will have a good peruse through em.

thank you for all your help.


How about a gondola ride.

  • home spa day
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment