Thursday, April 19, 2012

Do restaurants charge for ';sharing';

I%26#39;ve heard that most of the portions are ';out of control';. Do most of the restaurants charge a ';plate'; fee if you share a meal? Personally I find it a waste having to throw away good food, and taking it back to the room is out of the question. (most rooms have no fridge, and I have no desire to shlep a 1/2 sandwich around after dinner. Is sharing frowned upon or just a plate surcharge happily added on to you bill?



Do restaurants charge for ';sharing';


It is not frowned upon - at least not where I have been - but many will charge you a surchage as you mentioned. No problem with sharing - I agree about the schlepping around sandwiches and stuff - this is vacation in Vegas - who wants to be strapped with stuff when you could have a drink in your hand instead.





Rene



Do restaurants charge for ';sharing';


Sorry%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; your friend has to pay a fair share for the food.





Nothing is FREE in Vegas.




Once,at Kahunaville, our waiter said we did it the right way. We shared an appetizer,and shared a meal,and he brought us two plates for our individual food selections. In this case, we still had enough left to take some back (had fridge in room). If we hadn%26#39;t,we would only have split the meal. (We did this with a restaurant.com coupon too). :-)




the deli in the Mirage will charge $4 to split their monster sandwiches.




I%26#39;ve never encountered it at the Grand Lux and their portions are huge.




Some do, some don%26#39;t. Ask.




Many of the restaurants do have gigantic entrees. In some cases, I find I am happy just to order an appetizer, and sometimes the choices are much more interesting than the entrees- and if it doesn%26#39;t fill me up, I can enjoy dessert. I do that at Cheesecake Factory , both here in Florida and anywhere else- their appetizer servings are huge!





Many places that allow sharing and/or have a sharing charge will put information saying so on the menu. Some will split the entree in the kitchen for you.




Every restaurant is different, while many don%26#39;t, I have been to some that do. I believe the ones that do, have it written on their menu.




Where do people get this info from about the portions being ';out of control???'; There are VERY, VERY few restaurants in Vegas that have big portions!! Yes, the Cheesecake Factory is famous for that, as well as it%26#39;s sister restaurant, Grand Lux. Oh, how I WISH most of these fancy schmancy expensive restaurants that everybody goes to.....I WISH they would have ';out of control'; portions!!!!!





But as mentioned, some places will charge you (again, it%26#39;s usually the fancy schmancy places) for sharing and some won%26#39;t.




I know that Margaritaville does not charge for sharing the nacho platter.


  • benefit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment